WP-CLI 0.17 is now available for 1&1 shared hosting customers. Version 0.17 offers improvements and new features that make working from the command line even better:
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.0
- Speed improvements when migrating large databases
- Comfortable language management
- New command for update checks, including WordPress core updates
There is are a lot more to like about WP-CLI 0.17, please head over to the WP-CLI Blog to learn more.
What is WP-CLI?
WP-CLI provides a set of command-line tools you can use to manage your WordPress installations.
Here are some things you can do with WP-CLI:
- Update plugins / themes / WordPress core
- Perform basic database operations
- Create multisite installs
- Manage comments, themes, users
- UNIX-like environment (OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Cygwin)
- PHP 5.3.2 or later
- WordPress 3.5.2 or later