WordPress 4.9.5 is now available for download for all earlier WordPress versions. It includes over 20 bugfixes and important security improvements as well as some minor user experience changes.
How to update?
- As always, Managed WordPress websites will be updated by 1&1 automatically.
In addition, we constantly protect your WordPress websites, through technical measures such as firewalls and filters, even before the updates have been implemented.
- If you have installed WordPress yourself or use a standard installation from the 1&1 App Center, you can update to 4.9.5 from your WordPress Dashboard. From there, select Updates and click Update Now.
If you prefer to update manually, you can download WordPress 4.9.5 here.
PHP 7.2 is now the recommended PHP version for WordPress
The WordPress team recommends using PHP 7.2 with WordPress for optimal performance and stability. You can activate PHP 7.2 for free in your 1&1 Control Panel.
- Choose the domain that is connected to your WordPress website and than select PHP 7.2.
- Save your selection.
Offensive Hello Dolly lyrics removed
Some Hello Dolly lyrics can be insulting or offensive without the full context of the song. For example:
- Find her an empty lap, fellas
- Find her a vacant knee, fellas
These lines and a few other passages will no longer be shown in the WordPress dashboard when the plugin is activated.
Learn more about WordPress 4.9
WordPress 4.9 brings important improvements and new functions for the Customizer so that you can more easily adjust your site’s design. You can now send a link to share drafts of your changes with your team, publish changes at scheduled times and even lock your changes from editing by other designers.
WordPress 4.9 also offers a new gallery widget and an improved text widget that supports images, audio and videos.