Managed WordPress is about you and your visitors having the best possible experience with WordPress. An experience that is achieved through high performance hardware, ease of installation and use, useful features and state of the art security you can always rely on.
This is why our new Managed WordPress packages not only offer maximum performance and security for your websites, we support you with expert recommendations for plugins and themes, automatic core updates and the 1&1 WP Wizard. Managed WordPress is based on the latest WordPress version WordPress 4.4.
Learn how to create post and pages, customize your theme and enhance your website using plugins. Our content tutorials will help you write great stories and optimize your site for SEO.
We have compiled the most important questions and answers about Managed WordPress and the
Managed WordPress packages for you in this FAQ section.
The best performance for your websites
This is the Managed WordPress platform at a glance: Fast SSDs and and features like PHP 7 and mod_deflate enable your website to amaze visitors with optimal performance.
- Full SSD: We store your databases and webspace on high performance SSDs. This results in a performance advantage of more than 50% compared to mechanical hard drives.
- With PHP 7 + OpCache, WordPress websites run more than twice as fast as with PHP 5.6. PHP 7 impressed us in numerous tests, which is why we have been using a release candidate of PHP 7 with OpCache active that we tested for all Managed WordPress packages from day one. With the release of the final version of PHP 7, we automatically and seamlessly switched your websites to this version, providing an additional performance improvement for your website.
Maximum security for your websites
We automatically protect your website in the background using DDoS protection based on the high-performance Nginx open-source web server, smart user right adjustments and adapted firewall rules.
A great user experience
- After the installation, you use our wizard to set up your website in just minutes.
- The wizard recommends themes and plugins that have been selected and tested by our WordPress experts.
Whether you want to create a blog, photo gallery, company or personal website, you can get started immediately with the right tools.
- For the first time, pre-live staging offers you the opportunity to take your time setting up your website before the go-live. Only when you have connected your website to the real domain will it be published and get found by search engines.
This way, you can focus on what matters to you: your ideas, content and the design of your website.
Introducing the Managed WordPress themes
Themes not only define the look of your website, they also provide the features that help you present and organize your content. Things like custom headers, featured posts and image sliders help you customize your website, making it truly unique. View the Managed WordPress themes.
You can experience Managed WordPress with our optimized Managed WordPress packages or add it to an existing contract.