Joomla! is one of the most known and used open source CMS, besides WordPress, and is supported by an international community. Many big companies such as Ikea or eBay use Joomla!.
Joomla! can be used for managing simple websites and also complex business presentations. Joomla! is easy to install, easy to use and totally reliable. If you have skills in text processing, you can easily manage and edit content, update images, and manage important data of Joomla!-based web pages or applications.
Joomla! helps you manage content, that must be always updated – such as texts on web pages or content in company´s applications. The advantage of such a CMS is that the content can be updated regardless of layout or formatting.
With the transfer from version 2 to version 3, Joomla! has changed. Here are the most important new features:
- Support for mobile devices: Joomla! is systematically designed for responsive design, so it can be used both on desktop and away.
- Simplified installation process: You can install Joomla! in only three steps.
- User-friendlier: The user interface is now considerably easier to use.
- New standard templates: With the new HTML5 standard templates your web pages are state-of-the-art!
- Developer tools: Joomla! 3 has a new user Interface library, that makes it much easier for the developer to write his extensions.
Joomla!-Expert Viktor Vogel from 1&1
1&1 Joomla! expert Viktor Vogel was appointed within the Joomla! Production Leadership Team (PLT, Production Management Team) at the beginning of this year. PLT manages and coordinates the production of Joomla! Content Management Systems (CMS) and Joomla! Frameworks. Moreover, the team takes care of new releases, translations and bugs fixing, it develops new features and creates user documentation.
The expert optimizes the 1&1 Hosting environment especially for Joomla! installations. Besides, it supports the 1&1 Community in all questions regarding Joomla! Privatly, Viktor continues to work on Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions Projekt.
Video: New User Interface
You might also be interested in
- Basic Functions: Module? Get a brief overview in the following article for Beginners.
- Versioning: The following article gives details about version numbers, how long a Joomla! version is actual, and many others Release and support cycle.
- Framework: If you want to develop your own extensions, then the article about Joomla! Framework should be of interest for you.
- Information and Downloads: Find a helpful collection of links in Joomla! Resources.