If you have migrated your WordPress website, switched to a new domain or created a local copy for testing, chances are you will need to update links to point to your new location. You can easily change this with the Search & Replace plugin.
- Go to the admin area of your WordPress installation by entering the respective URL in your browser.
- Install the Search & Replace plugin.
- Under the name of the plugin you have just installed, click Settings.
- Enter the URL of your “previous WordPress installation” in the Search for field.
- Activate the All – search and replace! option.
- Enter the URL of your new WordPress installation in the Replace with field.
For a local copy it could look something like this: http://localhost/wp-testenvironment/
- Click Go.
The changes are being applied.
- Click Settings > Permalinks.
- Select Post name and click Save Changes.