Contao is a barrier-free content management system that has undergone continuous development for more than 10 years. In many respects, Contao is comparable with other popular CMSs like WordPress, Joomla or Drupal. All of the systems are good and all have their strengths. So which to choose?
- Very easy to manage, well suited to beginners.
- The back end has a lot of flexibility for adjustments and is optimized for a variety of user groups.
- Lots of flexibility and enhancement options for experienced developers and agencies.
- Content elements allow you to predefine designs and positioning, making it easy for authors to fill pages with content in a standardized way.
- Excellent performance even with a large number of database accesses.
Ultimately the question is always: What should the website be able to do and who should be able to work with it later?
Contao allows you to create company websites, microsites, portals and e-commerce websites. The system structure and simple live updates give you a high level of safety and the ability to update the back end with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Contao has been used successfully by agencies and companies for over 10 years.
- Based on open web standards.
- Easy to use, optimized for editors and also very well suited to beginners.
- The flexible rights administration lets you control access to content, form fields and modules based on groups or user levels. Users can be assigned to multiple groups.
- Integrated form generator for your own forms, which you can send by e-mail or save in a database. File attachments are supported.
- Regular updates, quick bug fixes and 4 years of support for LTS versions.
- Community provides expert, easy-to-understand support for beginners and professionals.
Install Contao with 1&1 in just a few clicks
You can find the latest version of Contao in the 1&1 App Center and install it with our wizard in just a few clicks.
Whether it’s landing pages with a parallax effect, videos, sliders or portals with source code optimized for search engines—it’s all a breeze with Contao.