Welcome to 1&1 Community
The 1&1 Community depends on your comments and on actively sharing knowledge and information. You improve our content and support the exchange of ideas on content management systems (CMS). Our editors also take part in this exchange and contribute their ideas.
The Short Version
- Let us have great conversations.
- Don’t be a jerk. Respect others and don’t feed the trolls. We will moderate and remove stuff that violates the Community Guidelines.
- Support the moderators and authors. We are a small passionate team, always working to make things better.
We would like to provide a platform where all users – whether beginner or expert – feel comfortable and inspire each other. The quality of the comments and respectful interaction are very important to us.
These guidelines contain tips and rules to keep in mind when writing on 1&1 Community.
A Good Comment
- A good comment refers to the respective post, the discussion topic or another user’s comment.
- Make sure to keep a friendly tone and respect the moderator and the other users. Comments submitted for the sole purpose of provocation are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Support your opinion with clear and valid arguments, especially when disagreeing with a post or a user.
- Observe the spelling rules, use paragraphs to make your comment easier to read and avoid writing your whole comment in capital letters.
- Be careful with stylistic devices such as cynicism and irony to avoid potential misunderstandings.
Rules for Respectful Interaction
- Insulting comments as well as swearing and profanity do not belong on this platform. If you don’t agree with a post or a comment, criticize the relevant content and not the author on a personal level.
- Discrimination and defamation of other users as well as of minorities due to their social background, religion, descent, sexual orientation, gender or age are not tolerated.
- Defamatory statements as well as comments damaging one’s business or reputation are not allowed and not tolerated.
- Any kind of advertisement in comments is prohibited.
- Do not publish any personal data.
- Do not distribute any information or software containing viruses, errors, manipulations and other malicious elements.
- Observe the copyright of your published texts and images. If you use other people’s content, make sure to check if it has been approved for use.
- The use of links to provide further information on a certain topic is generally allowed and wished-for. 1&1 Internet Inc. is not responsible for the linked contents. Should these contents not comply with the rules stated here, we will remove these links.
Let’s Get Started
We hope you enjoy the 1&1 Community and the posts about the exciting world of content management systems.
- When creating a post, the IP address assigned to a user is saved together with a timestamp to avoid misuse of access to the 1&1 Community.
- The data stored together with your user name may be used for fixing the problems described by you. This data will not be used for commercial purposes and will not be passed on to third parties unless we are legally obligated to do so.
- Access and use of the 1&1 Community is at the user’s own risk. 1&1 Internet Inc. does not provide a guarantee for the flawless operation of the platform and assumes no liability for any lost data.
- If you have any questions regarding the use of your data or if you need information on the processing of user-related data or copyright laws, you can contact us by e-mail at PrivacyPolicy@1and1.com, by regular mail at:
1&1 Internet Inc.
701 Lee Road, Suite 300
Chesterbrook, PA 19087