Each post published with WordPress automatically gets a URL. Learn here how to adjust this URL.
What Is a Permalink?
A permalink is a permanent address (URL) where specific content is available on the Internet. What is special about this URL is that the same content is available irrespective of the request date.
Setting the URL Structure for Permalinks
To customize permalinks, you have to set the desired URL structure.
- On the WordPress Dashboard, click Settings.
- Click Permalinks.
- Activate the Custom Structure.
- Click Save Changes.
Assigning a Permalink
- Click Edit.
- Enter the URL for your permalink.
- Make sure that individual words are separated by a hyphen.
- Save the permalink address with the OK button.
- In the Publish box, click Update or Save Draft for unpublished articles.
Worth knowing: If you choose short and meaningful words for your permalink, this is considered as a particularly search engine friendly URL and can result in better search result rankings.