SSL encrypts all data that your website exchanges with visitors. It protects important data such as personal data, login data, credit card information and e-mail addresses. SSL improves user confidence and your search engine ranking. 1&1, working together with you, strives to make the Internet a safer place by including powerful SSL encryption with all products.
Security must be easy to achieve. That is why you can activate SSL for your Managed WordPress websites conveniently from the 1&1 App Center*:
- Open the 1&1 App Center.
- In the website detail view, click Activate SSL.
- Accept the SSL guidelines to activate SSL for your website.
We adjust your domain and WordPress settings automatically for SSL. To make sure that your visitors always use an encrypted connection, HTTP traffic will be redirected to HTTPS automatically from now on. The initial setup usually only takes a few seconds and you can continue using your website seamlessly.
* This feature is available with all new Web Hosting contracts and will be available soon for existing contracts.
SSL is included with your Web Hosting contract
1&1 SSL Starter: for blogs and personal websites.
- Protection for a domain or subdomain
- With a Wildcard Certificate: Protection of an unlimited number of subdomains
- 1&1 SSL Starter is a domain validated (DV) SSL certificate.
- DV SSL certificates are perfectly suited to protect projects such as a blog or personal website.
WordPress SSL at a glance
- SSL certificates allow encryption of important, confidential data. A requirement for successful e-commerce and social websites.
- Your visitors can easily recognize SSL/HTTPS encryption in their browser.
- SSL encryption increases your website’s security and creates trust that can turn visitors into customers.
- SSL encryption leads to a better position in the Google hit lists for your website.