1&1 Control Panel: What’s new?

Learn about new features and enhancements in your 1&1 Control Panel.

May / April 2017

In the last few weeks we added new functions to the E-mail, Office 365 and Domains sections and took the opportunity to fix a few small bugs.

Managing external domains with 1&1

You can manage external domains (domains registered with another provider) with 1&1 by going to Domains > Set up external domain. This is how it works:

control-panel-external-domain-setup
  • Enter an external domain
  • Choose a 1&1 contract (if you have multiple contracts with 1&1)
  • Choose a name server (1&1 or other provider)

For a full walkthrough and additional information, please visit 1&1 Help: Set Up an External Domain with 1&1

Activate SSL certificates more easily

SSL certificates provide secure, encrypted data transfer and protect your visitors’ important data. That builds trust. SSL is also an important ranking factor used by Google.

To make using SSL with 1&1 as easy as possible, we added the option to activate your SSL certificates on the following pages in the 1&1 Control Panel:

security-ssl-activate-free
  • On the details page of your domain. Domains > Actions > Show details

Microsoft Office 365

The new Office 365 section contains the following functions:

• Manage users: Create users for Microsoft Office 365 and manage their licenses.
  • Use Office 365 in a browser: Open your apps directly in a browser with no installation necessary.
  • Install Office 365: Download apps for your mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone), for a Windows PC or for a Mac.

office-365-all-devices

• Easy setup: We guide you through a few necessary steps to set up your account and install your apps. You can find instructions, tips and answers to frequently asked questions on our Office 365 help site.
  • 1&1 Mail & Office Setup Service: If you would like assistance, we will help you set up Microsoft Office 365 and your 1&1 domain and import your e-mails, contacts and calendar entries.

Manage Microsoft Office 365 in 1&1 Control Panel

1&1 rankingCoach

1&1 rankingCoach helps you optimize your website to get a better ranking in search engines.

• Website analysis: Identify positive aspects of your website as well as possible weaknesses.

rankingcoach-us

• On-page optimization: Optimize all relevant settings and content on your website step by step.
  • Evaluation and monitoring: Track and compare the success of your optimizations.

rankingcoach-optimization-us

• Support for all major Websites / CMSs: WordPress, Joomla!, Magento, 1&1 MyWebsite and many other CMSs.

Analyse your website with 1&1 rankingCoach

March 2017

Set up and connect domains

Sometimes a simple, clear list is the best way to quickly make a selection. That’s why we’ve built the Domains > Actions > Adjust Destination section from scratch and removed all the elements that could distract you from your goal. Now it is even easier to set up your domain.

control-center-connect-domain-en-us

Connect your domain to:

• Websites on your webspace at 1&1
  • Websites with other providers
  • Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Xing)

Or set up domain forwarding, an E-Mail Adress and advanced DNS settings.

Export Domains to Excel, CSV, XML and JSON

Easily export an overview of your domains as an Excel, XML, CSV or JSON file from the Domains section. Using this export file, you can comfortably process important information about your domain in a tool of your choice.

control-center-domains-export-en-us

Features:

• Export filters: filter by domain status, type or contract
  • Export modifications: the following information can be exported: domain name, TLD, contract, status, mode of use, authorization code, SSL certificate, number of sub-domains and more.

New functions in the Domains section

• Resetting DNS settings/mode of use: reset your DNS settings and the mode of use for your domain under Domain > Details > Domain Settings with just two clicks.
    In the Domain Reset section, you will find information about the mode of use, the current settings for your domain and the effects that the reset will have on your domain.
    In case of problems, you can easily and securely restart your domain using the 1&1 default settings.
  • Transfers: You can transfer domains between various contracts within a customer number under Domain > Details > Transfer & Extension.
  • Filter: You can now filter domains by phases or transfer types under Domains > Filter:
    • outgoing transfers
    • incoming transfers
    • pre-registrations.

Manage Domains in 1&1 Control Panel

List Local

If you use 1&1 ListLocal, you can now access your product more easily. While it was only displayed in the contract in which you ordered it in the past, it is now available in all contracts.

Search Community Articles from your 1&1 Control Panel

Searching 1&1 Control Center’s main menu now also displays relevant results from our web hosting and server community. You will find tutorials, event reports and information about WordPress, performance optimization, PHP, SEO, SSL, Cloud Server, Docker and network issues like load balancing here.

control-center-search-communities-en-us

Instead of incredibly long phrases and multi-clause sentences, with us, you can read simple, well-researched articles that are easy to understand and comprehensive.
Visit us at: 1&1 Web Hosting Community / 1&1 Cloud Community

Contract information: New Design

The contract details are now being presented in clean Responsive Design for improved display on desktops, smartphones and tablets.

control-center-contract-en-us

Important functions:

• Displaying the contract name, number, period
  • Accessing details about your products, such as: inclusive domains, e-mail accounts, web spaces, traffic, FTP logins, PHP, online marketing and more
  • Managing products: move from the service overview to access the settings page for your products
  • Terminating the contract or contract components

Next Level Hosting:

Next Level Hosting from 1&1 provides you with flexible performance that grows to meet your requirements.
In the 1&1 Control Panel, you can check the capacity utilization of your websites and applications (CMS) in the Performance Level section. With increased capacity needs, you can flexibly increase RAM, MEMORY LIMIT and PROCESSES for a direct performance boost without contractual obligations.

Help and Support

If you are solving a problem with one of our support employees, you probably have your hands full and do not have time to make notes. For that reason, we will summarize the most important information and solutions for you after a call to our support team.

You will receive this summary automatically by e-mail and, as of now for many issues, in a clear pop-up during your next login to the 1&1 Control Panel as well.

Please rate this post :

61 thoughts on “1&1 Control Panel: What’s new?

1. Julian Noreña says:

I have some difficulties with your service, I can not find the application center

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Julian,

if you don’t have a link to the 1&1 App Center in your control panel, the following might be true:

1) Your tariff does not offer the App Center because it’s too old/ too small.
      Or
      2) You can’t use it because you have a Windows Hosting package, a 1&1 MyWebsite, a server product (Dedicated/VPS/Cloud) or a domain package.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

2. carsten says:

I have the control panel and app center and like the design. But I miss one point which was described otherwise in the help : the option to switch from managed /safed mode of the blog to unmanaged mode as the managed mode does not work for me. It just shows ‘safe mode’ in the menu.

1. 1and1help says:

Hi carsten,

your webspace quota is exceeded- for switching from Safe Mode to Standard mode you need at least some MBs of free webspace data.

So you might delete some no longer used files on your webspace- or upgrade to higher tariff, then you get a lot more GBs for usage.

After that the option for switching to Standard should be visible.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

3. Asif says:

How to connect the 1&1 List Local to Google my business account?

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Asif,

you can confirm your Google business inside this link: https://listlocal.1and1.co.uk/listings (click on “Confirm now” for Google MyBusiness)

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

4. Frankie says:

I bought a website last night. Why isn’t it update. And I can see the domain i bought still available for sales here and other hosting.

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Frankie,

the contract activation and domain registration can take a bit sometime.

If this status is still pending, please send us an e-mail to help@1and1.com with further informations of your contract.

Thanks,
      Michael, 1&1

5. Fred Boggs says:

Hello Boy Im i Disappointed in this 1 @ 1 I just Joined and now ready to take my lose and get the hell out
    A simply thing as useing word press on a subdomain to use as a word press site
    it Take an act of God to find any information take is not complacated
    there what 12 steps to go though and yet the ckeck box to choose foolders where is it
    someone help me understand how a simple word press is where is it did you say i cant find it where im going to leave this and i will be damed if i refer you to any one and afterb i heard greaat thing about yall

well you are to complicated
    not a happy customer
    Fred Boggs

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Fred,

I am very sorry about your bad experience using our WordPress installations.

I am not 100% sure what went wrong in your case. We would like to look deeper into your issue. It would be great if you could send us more informations via e-mail at help@1and1.com. We will look into this for you.

Thanks and kind regards,
      Michael, 1&1

2. Mj says:

Hello. I already have a Self-Hosted Blog and hosted by 1and1. I didnt see a problem and my blog was successfully born by the help of 1and1 hosting.

6. Chris says:

I reset the website as I wanted to redo the website.
    An error has occurred. Please try it again later.

Now I could not create my website. please check.

7. Ken says:

I am looking for a Host for 2 domains. I am used to using Cpanel as my Web Host platform.
    I would like to understand and see the platform 1&1 uses before I commit.
    I do not want to go through a long learning curve, nor do I want to continually add features in order to achieve a manageable web hosting platform. A screen shot of the hosting platform would suffice. Thanks.

8. Ken says:

You’re listed as one of cPanel’s partners. I assume you are still a partner, if so, I have answered my question (See previous post)

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Ken,

we are offering cPAnel as an additonal administration tool only for our 1&1 Cloud Server product.

For all other products, e.g. 1&1 Webhosting, we have a proprietary Control Panel, made by our developers. If you want to use a Webhosting package, we don’t offer cPanel.

Best,
      Michael, 1&1

9. John Greener says:

Hi – I am a potential new user and was pleased with the features of your basic web hosting package (the .99 a month deal). I just have one concern, I can’t seem to find any information as to whether or not you offer any traffic analysis (i.e. awstats or webalyzer). If you do not offer those features, is it possible to add a third party traffic analyzer to study the website visitors?? Thanks!!

1. 1and1help says:

Hi John,

we offer our selfmade 1&1 SiteAnalytics too: http://help.1and1.com/online-marketing-c85141/seo-c85117/1and1-siteanalytics-c37780

Besides this, you can e.g. install the popular tool “Piwik” per 1 click in our App Center.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

10. Ali Ozbas says:

Hello there ;

Control Panel I can not login.
    I’m updating my password, but it’s still not logged in.
    I would like urgent support.

Best regards,

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Ali Ozbas,

I would recommend you to contact our support team to clarify this: https://contact.1and1.com/

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

11. I can not log in to my account, i reseted my password. Please check now.
    My ID is xxxxxxx [edited by 1&1: Please don’t post personal customer data in public!]

1. 1and1help says:

Hi DANG,

this is nothing we can discuss on this page. Please contact our support teams: https://contact.1and1.com/

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

12. G Michael says:

I have purchased a domain for email, but I don’t need hosting. However, I do need multiple forwarding email addresses. What are the limits on the number of forwarding addresses? Can I have more than 10?

1. 1and1help says:

Hi G Michael,

generally you are limited to 10 mail forwardings for your mail address which contains your mailbox. There is no option with which you could upgrade this. However, you can create unlimited single alias mail forwarding addresses (if this is what you meant).

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

13. Gaby says:

Hi!
    There’s no way I can enter my account. I’ve tried changing the password about 10 times, request a call from you and now I got these message: “Some invalid entries have been detected”

I really, really need to renew my domain.

Please help me. Thanks.
    Gaby

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Gaby,

in this case i recommend you to contact our support team: https://contact.1and1.com/ They will have a deeper look into this for you.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

1. Branson says:

How can I contact support team, if I can`t login in my account. always says “Some invalid entries have been detected”. Please help me. My bussiness is loosing money.

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Branson,

best was to get in touch with our support, is by phone. You can find more informations here: https://contact.1and1.com

Best regards,
          Michael, 1&1

14. Pooja says:

Hello sir
    M from India and I want to purchase ( .99 ) pack. I have $ in my payza account. Then what should I do?

1. 1and1help says:

Hello,

we are accepting 2 payment methods right now for orders placed at https://1and1.com: Credit card and PayPal. Other methods are not supported at the moment, sorry.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

15. Hi!
    We do not have a courier service. We are please your help verifying if the payment has been made and the payment information has been updated but we have cut the services please your help with this inconvenience.
    URGENT.
    Thank you.

1. 1and1help says:

Hi,

don’t hesitate to get in touch with our support team to sort this out:

https://contact.1and1.com

Thanks,
      Michael, 1&1

16. I ordered this managed wordpress thing but am showing no signs of it anywhere except the confirmation email….

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Carrie,

if you install a second WordPress project in your contract, you can now chose Managed WordPress. Please be aware that you can’t switch your existing standard installation into Managed WordPress.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

17. Nomi says:

Hello I bought I domain it’s been about 5 hours now, I can’t see my domain on my dashboard. What is wrong? I’m new here and need some assistance please

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Nomi,

if this situation is still pending, please send us an e-mail at help@1and1.com. We will have a deeper look into it.

Thanks,
      Michael, 1&1

18. Jon says:

How about 2-factor authentication to secure all of this cool new functionality of the 1&1 Control Panel? The Control Panel has become far too powerful to protect with only a password. We need 2FA security now!

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Jon,

thanks for your feedback. 2FA is definitely a feature we would love to see for our logins in the future. It’s on our agenda, but no ETA yet.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

19. Sir/ma.
    My domain has expired and I lost my email address pls how can I d assets to d site

20. I need contact so DAT I can call

1. 1and1help says:

Hello,

you can find more contact informations here: https://contact.1and1.com/

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

21. Please help me, how do I create a site map in the new website builder plus? Also, how do I upload a google file to my website?

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Patrick,

site map functionality is not a part of the new 1&1 Website Builder Plus.

What exactly do you want to upload? If you need this to verify your website at Google Search Console (f.k.a. “Webmaster Tools”), you should use the alternate method: https://help.1and1.com/mywebsite-c71728/search-engine-optimization-c85164/register-your-1and1-mywebsite-using-google-webmaster-tools-a792564.html

For the new Website Builder Plus you can add the HTML code at “Settings” > “Header HTML” in your Website Builder editor.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

22. Cao Tran says:

I forgot the control panel password, how to retrieve it

23. vikram says:

i am unable to log in at my 1 and 1 account with my log in details… eve i changed the password successfully,,,
    and not unable to connect at the number you mentioned at contact page
    pls help me

24. Tài says:

I created a password using the control panel, but due to frequent login and forgotten pass. How to get it back

25. vikram says:

i tried the above … still unable to login

1. 1and1help says:

Hi vikram,

in this case it’s for the best to contact our support staff to clarify your contract status. Here you find more informations how to reach out to them: https://contact.1and1.com/

Best,
      Michael, 1&1

26. Rich says:

I can not get this thing to have word press editable and connect to my registered domain. It keeps making an onlinehome domain. Very frustrated. How do I get the domain to actually work and have it with Word Press without other extensions on the domain name?

Thanks
    Rich

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Rich,

your domain still directs to the Nameservers of the provider WordPress.com (ns1.wordpress.com, ns2….).

To connect your domain with an App Center installation, it’s necessary that this domain has the default 1&1 nameservers. Here you can find more informations about re-setting them: https://help.1and1.com/domains-c36931/manage-domains-c79822/dns-c37586/reset-dns-settings-for-a-domain-a594913.html

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

27. kishan says:

When I open my website,

You do not have access to this server.
    In addition, there was a 404 error when trying to use Error Document to handle the request.

This opens up (opens up)

What is the reason for this?

1. 1and1help says:

Hi kishan,

our support team answered you today with further informations about this subject via e-mail. This is nothing we should discuss in a public blog comment.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

28. Web Ax9 says:

Hi!
    There’s no way I can enter my account. I’ve tried changing the password about 10 times, request a call from you and now I got these message: “Some invalid entries have been detected”

I really, really need to renew my domain.

Please help me. Thanks.

1. 1and1help says:

Hi,

please use the contact data you can find here to get in touch with our support team: https://contact.1and1.com/

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

29. Soud says:

Hi..
    I order “1&1 Managed WP Basic” 2 day ago, but still in CP show setting up. !!
    So how long time it will take to finish up my domain and host?? as i really wonder my domain still available in all other sites!

Thanks

1. 1and1help says:

Hi Soud,

we are very sorry for the delay. As I can see in our system, the contract was activated yesterday.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

30. Vivek Sharma says:

I have tried resetting my password multiple times however I am unable to log on to the CPanel

1. 1and1help says:

Hi,

please contact our phone support, you find our number here: https://contact.1and1.com/

Thanks,
      Michael, 1&1

31. Fady says:

I want to disconnect my website from any social media pages… I just can’t… please help 🙂

1. 1and1help says:

Hi,

you can change this by using your 1&1 Control Panel. Login and go to “Domains” > “Adjust destination”.

Best regards,
      Michael, 1&1

Leave a Reply to Rich Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *